At the end of the Fifties, most of the ÖBB narrow gauge railroads with a gauge of 760 mm / 30“ were operated for the most part with steam locomotives of considerable age.The ÖBB decided to purchase comparable diesel locomotives to make operation on these routes more efficient.In the years 1958 to 1962, 15 units of the class 2095 were thus delivered by Simmering-Graz-Pauker. These four-axle locomotives weighed 31 metric tons and were 10.40 meters / 33 feet 10 inches in length. They produced 600 horsepower and a maximum speed of 60 km/h /37 mph, which resulted in a considerable acceleration in train operations. The side rod drive in the trucks is typical for these small but compact locomotives – this was necessary since only one wheelset could be powered directly from the gearbox. In addition, the division of the locomotive body on the first 3 locomotives – the prototypes – was different from the production units, since the former were still equipped with a steam heating boiler, which was not installed in the production units. Even now after 65 years, these locomotives are still in operation, mostly on the Pinzgau Railroad but also on other narrow-gauge railroads in Austria. This is a model of the ÖBB class 2095 diesel locomotive as it was used on many narrow-gauge railroads in Austria and as in many cases still is. The orange paint scheme and lettering are prototypical for Era IV. Four wheelsets are driven by two powerful, ball bearing Bühler motors.
The locomotive has an mfx/DCC decoder with many light and sound functions. It also has newly inset windows and lighting with LEDs.
Length over the couplers 45 cm / 17-3/4”. This locomotive together with cars to go with it is being presented for the 125th anniversary of the Pinzgau Local Railroad.
• mfx/DCC decoder
• 2 powerful motors
• Headlights can be controlled digitally
• Sound included
• Fully reworked model
• Prototypical paint scheme