Most Important Facts
|Gauge / Design type||1 /|
Prototype: Class 08 heavy express steam locomotive with a powdered coal tender based on the type 2´2´T34. Version as an experimental locomotive with powdered coal firing for the GDR German State Railroad (DR/DDR). Locomotive road number 08 1001. The locomotive looks as it did in the Mid-Fifties.
Model: The locomotive is completely new tooling and is constructed of metal. It has a frame, superstructure with boiler, and cab constructed of die-cast zinc. Other separately applied parts are mostly constructed of brass. This is a highly detailed model with many separately applied parts and a detailed engineer's cab. The sand hatch can be opened as can the smoke box door with central locking. The cab doors and much more can be opened. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder with 32 functions, controlled high efficiency propulsion, and a sound generator with operating sounds synchronized with the wheels as well as extensive sound functions. It can be operated with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, and DCC. The locomotive has a built-in buffer capacitor. All driving axles powered. The locomotive has a built-in smoke unit with smoke exhaust and multi-step cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels and a steam whistle. The locomotive has running gear lights and triple headlights with a light color correct for the era and that change over with the direction of travel. The headlights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting.
The locomotive has a red marker light that can be controlled. The locomotive has cab lighting and multi-colored firebox lighting (flickering). The locomotive comes with sprung buffers. There is a reproduction of the prototype coupler on the front and a remote-controlled Telex coupler on the rear of the tender, which can be replaced by either of the other types of coupler. The valve gear switchover is in 3 steps (forward, reverse, continuous operation).
An accessory package with a reproduction of the prototype coupler, a Telex coupler, smoke fluid, a figure of a locomotive engineer and a fireman, and gloves are included with the locomotive. The locomotive is mounted on an aluminum base painted black for display purposes. Minimum radius for operation 1,020 mm / 40-3/16". Length over the buffers 83.8 cm / 33". Weight approximately 8.2 kilograms / 18 pounds 1 ounce.
- Completely new tooling.
- Highly detailed full metal construction.
- Frame, superstructure, boiler, etc. constructed of die-cast zinc, separately applied parts constructed of brass.
- Newly developed decoder generation with a current buffer and 32 functions.
- Smoke unit with smoke exhaust and vo/hi cylinder steam synchronized with the wheels and a steam whistle.
- Load-controlled operating sounds synchronized with the wheels.
- Smoke box door and dome hatches can be opened, many original details included.
- Headlights with a light color correct for the era and warm white LEDs.
- Red marker light that can be controlled.
- Two-color firebox lighting flickering.
- Cab lighting.
- mfx decoder for operation with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, and DCC.
- Valve gear switchover (forward, reverse, continuous operation) in 3 steps with a servomotor.
- Telex coupler on the rear, reproduction prototype coupler on the front (one (1) more of each included with the locomotive).
Control Unit Mobile Station Mobile Station 2 Central Station 1/2 Central Station 3/2*
Mobile Station 2**
Headlight(s) Smoke generator Steam locomotive op. sounds Locomotive whistle Telex coupler on the rear Engineer’s cab lighting Sanding Running gear lights Direct control Sound of squealing brakes off Surrounding sounds Operating sounds Operating Sounds 1 Injectors Water Pump Special sound function Marker light(s) Whistle for switching maneuver Conductor's Whistle Letting off Steam Rail Joints Station Announcements Safety Valve "Switcher Double ""A"" Light" Special sound function Replenishing fuel Replenishing fuel Replenishing fuel Special sound function Air Pump
** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55
Find more Märklin explanation videos on our YouTube Channel