Most Important Facts
|Gauge / Design type||1 /|
The DB Shuttle Train Version
Conceived originally in 1911 for faster handling of passenger train service on the Isle of Rügen, built as the class T 18 (later class 78) in its symmetrical construction with three coupled wheel sets, two trucks, large fuel and water containers and a maximum speed of 100 km/h / 62.5 mph in both directions, one of the most successful German tank locomotives. Realized in an impressive highly detailed series of the arguably most successful locomotive classes that ever ran in Germany.
Model: The locomotive is completely new tooling. The frame and the locomotive body with boiler and cab are constructed of die-cast zinc. Other applied parts are constructed mostly of metal (brass). This is a highly detailed model with many separately applied details and a prototypically detailed cab. The locomotive has 3 boiler attachments and a cab with a roof attachment. The smoke box door does not have central locking and can be opened. The water tank hatches can be opened, the cab doors can be opened, and much more. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder with 32 possible functions, controlled high-efficiency propulsion, and a sound generator with running sounds synchronized to the wheels as well as extensive sound functions. The locomotive can be operated with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, and DCC. The locomotive has a built-in current buffer. All driving axles powered. The locomotive has a built-in smoke generator with steam chuffing synchronized to the wheels, cylinder steam, and a steam whistle. There are triple headlights front and rear that change over with the direction of travel. The light color is correct for the era. The headlights will work in conventional operation and can be controlled digitally. Maintenance-free, warm white LEDs are used for the lighting.
Red marker lights can be controlled. The locomotive has sprung buffers, and cab and firebox lighting as well as running gear lights. The locomotive comes with a prototype coupler on the front and a remote controlled Telex coupler on the rear. Both couplers can be replaced by the other type. The valve gear switchover is in 3 steps (forward, reverse, continuous operation).
An accessory package with one each reproduction prototype coupler and a Telex coupler, smoke fluid, and a figure of a locomotive engineer and a fireman is included with the locomotive. The locomotive is mounted on an aluminum base painted black for display case presentation. The minimum radius for operation of the train is 1,020 mm / 40-1/8". Length over the buffers 46.2 cm / 18-3/16". Weight approximately 6.2 kilograms / 13 pounds 11 ounces.
- Completely new tooling.
- Highly detailed full metal construction.
- Frame, superstructure, boiler, etc. constructed of die-cast zinc.
- Newly developed decoder generation with a current buffer and up to 32 functions.
- Smoke generator with steam chuffing synchronized to the wheels, cylinder steam, and a steam whistle.
- Load-controlled running sounds synchronized to the wheels.
- Smoke box door and dome hatches can be opened, many original details included.
- Headlights include light color correct for the era and warm white LEDs.
- Red marker lights can be controlled.
- Firebox flickering is two colors.
- Running gear lights, cab lighting.
- mfx decoder for operation with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, and DCC.
- Valve gear switchover (forward, reverse, continuous operation) in 3 steps with a servomotor.
- Telex coupler on the rear, prototype coupler on the front (an extra one of each included with the locomotive).
|Control Unit||Mobile Station||Mobile Station 2||Central Station 1/2||Central Station 3/2* |
Mobile Station 2**
|Steam locomotive op. sounds|
|Telex coupler on the rear|
|Engineer’s cab lighting|
|Running gear lights|
|Whistle for switching maneuver|
|Sound of squealing brakes off|
|Sound of coal being shoveled|
|Letting off Steam|
|Whistle for switching maneuver|
|Telex coupler on the front|
** New features of the Mobile Station 2 (Part No. 60657/66955) with the Software Update 3.55